PO Box 295 Stoughton, WI 53589
Host A Family matches families in need with sponsors to provide holiday gifts, all done anonymously. Host A Family is volunteer-run, non-profit organization where donations go directly to families in need. Today, with the ongoing assistance from DCHS, schools, churches, various organizations, many families, and dozens of volunteers, the HAF program now serves more than 300 families in need in its program area including the school districts of Stoughton, Oregon and McFarland.
- You must reside with your children/dependents (18 and under) within one of the following school districts: McFarland, Stoughton or Oregon and be struggling financially.
- If hosted, you must be able to pick up your gifts at LakeView Church in Stoughton on Friday, December 13 or Saturday, December 14. Times will be posted closer to the event.
- You must consent to the anonymous posting of gift requests and thank you note to the hostafamily.org website to facilitate host matching.
- You must provide address verification, an ID, and if requested, identification for the dependents living with you.
To receive gifts from Host A Family please complete and submit an online application. Your application will be reviewed and you will notified that you have been hosted with a postcard mailed to the address provided on the application form about a week before the scheduled gift pickup.
The deadline for applying is November 15, 2019. If you apply after November 15th we will do our best to match you with a host but there is no guarantee.
To claim your gifts at the arranged pick up in December, you will need:
1. The POSTCARD mailed to you
2. A PICTURE ID and
3. PROOF OF ADDRESS (a bill mailed to you, a rental agreement, school documentation)
4. You may be asked for identification for the dependents you list on your application.